Thursday 23 August 2007

Does God see what we do when we are far away?

"Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD, "and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD. Jeremiah 23:23-24 (NIV)

I remember the feeling of freedom from parental restraint when I went on a trip to a friend's house who lived in another city while I was in high school. Many times, when we are far from home, temptation to do things we wouldn't ordinarily do becomes strong. Having said that, I find it appalling that Americans, who are traveling abroad, account for around 14% of the people who frequent the brothels where child sex trafficking occurs. By child sex trafficking I mean paying for sex with children 4 years old and over who have been sold by their parents or abducted and are kept prisoner in the brothels in which they exist (I hesitate to use the word live -- this is not living as anyone would want to describe it.). These Americans rationalize that, since sex with children is legal in the countries where they are traveling, it must be OK to use the children imprisoned in the brothels for their own twisted pleasure. Again, I find this absolutely and totally appalling.

I refer you to the Justice for Children International website where you can find out more about this terrible crime and perhaps get involved in raising awareness and stopping this hideous practice. Please pray for the children who are trapped in this way of life. Ask God to stop this practice.
http://www.jfci.org/

May God continually bless and strenghten you as you stand for righteousness and do what is necessary to occupy until Jesus returns.

0 Comments: