Monday 12 November 2007

Of Death and a Crooked Rocketship

On November 4th of 2007, my mother passed on to be with the Lord. We are now in Minnesota where my mother lived and will be flying home tomorrow -- hence the lack of blog entries. I published the last entry before we left for the airport.

While I was on the phone telling my daughter about my mother's passing and making plans to fly out to MN, my four year old granndson interrupted our conversation with a crisis of his own -- his rocketship was crooked at the bottom and required my daughter's immediate attention.

It struck me that the passing into eternity of a loved mother and grandmother, a very important matter for my daughter and I, and the crooked rocketship of my grandson, a very important matter for him were problems of crisis proportions for each of us. The size of one's crisis is dependent on the perspective and maturity of the individual.

Where do we go when we have a crisis? My grandson knew who to go to to solve his crooked rocketship problem -- my daughter. She was able to solve his problem by straightening out a few leggos. What do we do when we have a problem? It is comforting to know that whatever the size our problems are, no matter how large they may seem, to our dear Heavenly Father, who is the God of all comfort, they are as easy to fix as my grandson's crooked rocketship. God and God alone has the perfect perspective and all the answers. Our problems are never beyond His ability to solve, fix, remedy and heal. He also has the ability to use every situation to perfect and strengthen us. The only real problem lies in that we don't always have the good sense to bring everything to Him in prayer asking for His strength and His help.

Just as my grandson knew who to go to to fix his rocketship, it is my prayer for each one of us that we will also know that we have a heavenly Father who is full of love, compassion and provision for all of our problems, and who eagerly waits for us to bring everything to Him in prayer.

Shalom, dear ones~~~~

0 Comments: